Suspect from Shahdara blasphemy case in critical condition after mysterious fall

A man suspected to have been involved in the Shahdara blasphemy case, which erupted earlier this week is fighting for his life after allegedly having “fallen
off” the fourth floor of the Federal Investigation Agency’s (FIA) Punjab headquarters building, during an investigation. 

Patras Masih surrendered himself to lawmen after he had been accused of posting blasphemous images on his Facebook page, resulting in a mob of over
3000 Muslims demanding his death as they gathered near his home. Later Patras Masih’s cousin Sajid Masih was also arrested after also being implicated
by Muslim witnesses. Patras and Sajib both deny the charges (click here).

After petrol was gathered to burn Christian homes down, thousands of Christians fled their homes for safety with relatives and friends (click here).

Local Police from Shahdara today transferred custody of Patras Masih (17 yrs) the primary suspect of the latest blasphemy allegation laid against a
Christian, and his cousin Sajid Masih (24 yrs), to the FIA’s cybercrime wing on Friday afternoon for interrogation.

Rather bizarrely members of Tehreek-e-Labbaik Ya Rasool Allah (TLYR) who led a riot and called for extra-judicial murder of the the two cousins and
other Muslim religious bodies, were also present at the FIA building during the time of the investigation. They had apparently been asked to attend
the police station at the same time as the Christian suspects to give their statements.

Reports have been received by the BPCA that members of the Muslim group began beating the two Christian men before the police, spitting at them, punching
and kicking the two young men till police decided to intervene before the men passed out.  

The solicitor for the two men had asked for the Police to protect the two men whilst leaving the FIA Cybercrime Wing, however, only hours later at
6pm (1pm GMT) a call was received detailing the death of Sajid Masih who was said to have leaped from the fourth floor building, whilst trying to escape.

Sajid Masih was placed into an emergency vehicle and rushed to Ganga Ram Hospital in Lahore.  There he was said to be in critical condition with
severe wounds to his head and body and was given emergency treatment.

The nature of the head injuries was beyond the capacity of Ganga Ram Hospital and Sajid Masih was transferred to Lahore Hospital where he arrived close
to 8.20pm (3.20pm GMT).

It is not believed that Sajid Masih will survive from his wounds and Christians across the globe are being asked to pray for a miracle.

Wilson Chowdhry, Chairman of the British Pakistani Christian Association, said:

“I find it hard to believe that Sajid Masih could escape the clutches of FIA Officers within their secure cybercrime unit, the risible suggestion is extremely weak considering he was not the main suspect. The details paint a picture of a more devious and contrived incident and I would not be surprised if Sajid was thrown down by the extremists invited to give their statements or the FIA officers themselves.

“I am sure the true details of this incident will never be revealed but Pakistan’s reputation precedes them and no-one will be fooled by the pretext provided. 

“A mother and father will be heartbroken and already dishevelled Patras Masih will be quaking in his boots fearing he will be next  – and he may be! 

“For now, Christians have to pray for a miracle recovery for Sajid Masih and for the safety of Patras Masih who both may yet be killed legally. These martyrs have retained their faith despite knowledge that adopting Islam could save their worldly lives. Their pain and sacrifice will one day be rewarded but for now these young men will have to go through a living hell.”