Following a consultation with several churches the BPCA has booked the 23rd and 24th December 2014 as a potential two day Christmas Festival. We hope with the support of local churches to make the event one that reaches out to the community and shares the joy of the birth of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
We would like to hold a planning meeting at 7pm, on Tuesday 18th December 2014 and invite Churches and Christian groups from Redbridge and East London to come and join us. The venue will be the Clementswood Community Centre, 14a Connaught Road, Ilford, Essex, IG1 1RN.
To make the event a success we hope local churches can help with the following:
- Organise Christian stalls such as; Prayer tents, Bible tracts/bookshop and Counselling
- Children’s activities such as; face-painting and art workshops focused on Christmas.
- Provide Volunteers
- Provide choirs, singers and worship bands to share God’s word through performance.
- Leaders to prepare short Christmas and outreach messages
- Drama groups to perform nativity
- Sunday school performances.
Like any event we will need the event to be financed. We have promises from a number of commercial stallholders, but to cover cost we will still require donations from churches, much the same as the highly successful Redbridge Easter parade. If churches cannot commit to any of the above we have not traversed this path too far that it cannot be cancelled. So we simply await to hear from you all and hope that the news back is positive. It would be great to celebrate one of the two most important festivals of the Christmas Calendar with the wider people of Redbridge, but only with have your support in thought and deed and of course prayer.
For a stalls application (Click here)